Cookie & Tracking Policy
What are cookies?
Cookies are small bits of data we store on devices (e.g. computer, smartphone or other electronic device) when you use the EthOS website or app. Cookies allow a website or app to recognize a particular device.
We may track things like which pages you go to, location data and the originating domain name of your internet service provider. Some of this data will be aggregated for statistical purposes, which means we will not be able to identify you individually.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and websites like aboutcookies.org tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. If you opt not to accept cookies some website/app functionality may be limited.
- Recognize you when you visit the EthOS website or app;
- Store information regarding your preferences on our website and app;
- Conduct research and statistical analysis to help improve our services and;
- Create an online experience that is more efficient and enjoyable.
Types of cookie
The cookies we place on your device fall into the following categories:
- Functionality cookies - These cookies track the choices you make and provide a more personal experience. These cookies are anonymous and cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Persistent cookies - These are stored on your device in between browser sessions and allow your preferences/actions across the EthOS website/app to be remembered. These will stay on your device until they expire, or you delete them from your cache.
- Performance cookies - These cookies collect information about how you use our website and app. These cookies do not collect PII. All information collected by these cookies is anonymous and is only used to improve the app/website.
- Targeting cookies - These cookies are used for advertising purposes.
- Session cookies - These allow The EthOS website/app to connect your actions during a particular browser session. These expire every time you close your browser and do not remain on your device afterwards.
- Strictly necessary cookies - These cookies are necessary for the EthOS platform to operate correctly and remain secure, to ensure essential functionality, to measure and analyze site traffic at the aggregate level and to stabilize the site.
The cookies we use
|Google Analytics for Firebase||Google Analytics for Firebase uses device identifiers to collect and store information.|
|Firebase Cloud Messaging||EthOS uses Firebase Cloud Messaging to send messages to its users. To do so, it sends a previously generated anonymous device ID (token) to Google so that we can identify app users and send messages to them. Information on the functionality of Cloud Messaging is available under https://firebase.google.com/products/cloud-messaging/|
|Firebase Authentication||Firebase Authentication allows EthOS to authenticate users. Every time a user signs in, the user info is sent to the Firebase Authentication backend and exchanged for a Firebase ID token (a JWT) and refresh token. Firebase ID tokens are short lived and last for an hour; the refresh token can be used to retrieve new ID tokens.|
|Firebase Crash Reporting||This generates detailed reports of the errors that occur in the EthOS app. We use the platform to track app crashes as they occur and prevent future crashes.|
We will ask for your permission to place cookies on your device, except where they are essential to provide you with a service that you have requested.
How to control cookies
You can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this you may lose some of the functionality of our website or app.
To learn more about cookies you can visit the third party website: www.allaboutcookies.org.